All of your favorites, in one place.
Jon Mueller and James Plotkin first combined forces on Physical Changes, scorching the leading LP side of Mueller's 2009 multi-format collaborative investigation. Forging Mueller's blistering percussion and rolling hills of drums with Plotkin's searing guitar and melting electronics, a sturdy alloy was formed. When both musicians were asked to perform at the Utech Records Music Festival in June 2011, at which they appeared as a duo, the pair spent the proceeding days spontaneously unfurling Terminal Velocity. Recorded in rural Wisconsin just outside of Mueller's native Milwaukee, Terminal Velocity is an effort of concentration. On the brink of implosion, the duo reduces dense washes of percussion and guitar to thick crusts, at times deceivingly with a whispered intensity. Sizzling drums meet electronic warbles as two great forces restrain each other to a constant speed. Mastered by Plotkin, cut direct to metal and pressed on 200 gram virgin vinyl, Terminal Velocity is presented in an edition of 500 copies. Packaged in a heavy Stoughton tip-on gatefold, the jacket is hand-numbered on the spine and features a textured paper to enhance Karlynn Holland's graphite drawings the album accompanies.
- Taiga presents a collaborative release from avant percussionist Jon Mueller and guitar wizard James Plotkin.
- Drums meet guitar meet scorched electronics.
- Mastered by James Plotkin.
- Cut direct to metal and pressed on 200 gram virgin vinyl.
- Packaged in a heavy Stoughton tip-on gatefold on textured paper.
- Limited to 500 hand-numbered copies.