Infinite Fog Productions is excite to announce this vinyl edition of early works by Peter Davison, one of the most important ambient reissues on the year and a pure gem of early ambient music. The first step into a realm of peace and love will be the long-awaited re-edition of "Music On The Way" to celebrate its 40th anniversary. "Music On The Way" was the artist's debut in 1980 and has not been reissued since its initial release. A mesmerising ambient recording with just a touch of early new-age music in its finest incarnation. An absolute classic in the spirit of Iasos, Brian Eno, Jon Hassell, Michael Stearns...finally available again on limited remastered vinyl (and extremely limited CD).
Using a combination of traditional acoustic instruments with modern analog synthesizers, Davison blends them into a new kind of organic musical movement. Blurring the line between which bit of soft sound is synthetic and which one is acoustic, his music hovered in a meditative state. Like it’s closest cousin the silent modal Jazz of Miles Davis, the spiritual rumination of Alice Coltrane, and the Indo exploration of Don Cherry, it was music that saw no divide between tradition and innovation. There was this distinct acceptance of the divine in their musical design. Harp, guitar, cello, flute, saxophones – as found in the work of Peter – liberally mixed electronic synths and percussion in music inspired by reaching to make its audience feel worthwhile inspiration. This was no downer, or chin-scratching kind of music. This was music made to be absorbed
* Ultimate collector’s item for those who deeply in Ambient Music history.
* First album by new age and ambient music pioneer.
* One of “The 20 best new age albums.“ by Facmag.
* Taken from Original Tapes and mastered by Grammy-nominated Jessica Thompson.
* Fans of Peter Klaus Wiese, Steve Roach, Erik Wøllo, Anugama, Al Gromer Khan, Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, Steven Halpern, Pauline Anna Strom, Steven Halpern, Laraaji, Inoyama Land, Michael.