Format: 13x LP + 1x 10" + 2x7" Box
Out of stock
Massive, mind-crushing 14 LP box (!!) set housed in a deluxe wooden box from the most dedicated and hard-working reissue imprint from this continent, and once again Vinyl On Demand continues to educate and enlighten. Combining a wide variety of artists and styles in one Box to further explore the debth of 80's cassette-Culture, this time with focus on the american cassette-culture.
While the European cassette-culture of the 80's seemed to focus more on the experimental and Minimal/Synth-Side, the American cassette-culture seemed to have had a broader variety of styles combined in the tape-culture.
This is also reflected in this Box-Set which offers everything from wonderful Pop-Tunes (Sara Ayers), to a more most-punk/Garage-Wave by The Arms of Someone New, to Progressive-Rock-Tunes by Everfriend, to New Wave/Synth-Tunes by YU and Greg Horn, to minimal/Synth-Tunes by K7SS or diversed synthesist electronic compositions by Bill Rhodes and psychedelic Synth-Sounds by Scott Alexander.
Edition of 333 copies only, these are all members editions
- K7SS Engram Recordings 1982 (1Lp)
- YU Recordings 1982-88 (1x2Lp plus 1x1lp)
- Sara Ayers Fluorochrome (1Lp)
- Everfriend Recordings 1979-83 1982) (2lp)
- Bill Rhodes Recordings 1982-88 (2Lp)
- The Arms of Someone New Tape-Recordings 1983-1985 (2Lp)
- Scott Alexander So Sad (1Lp10inch)
- Greg Horn Das Funk Ist Verboten / Pointless (2x1Lp plus 7inch)
- Will Clipham Nerve Chorus (7inch)