Preorder: Releases November 24th 2023
Tip! Three Blind Mice revitalized the Japanese jazz scene during the 1970s and 1980s. Its initial mission was to proactively produce albums of new musicians. Another goal was to expand its fan base, which was done by releasing albums of famous musicians. Through these efforts, TBM has greatly contributed to enriching the Japanese jazz scene.
Tsuyoshi Yamamoto and Isao Suzuki were two of the leading figures who gained prominence by their works on TBM. Yamamoto quickly became a star in the Japanese jazz scene by releasing a series of excellent albums on the label. The label was funded and established by passionate jazz fan, Takeshi Fujii. Its goal was to be the "Blue Note of Japan". Recently, “Wa Jazz” (Japanese jazz) from the 1960s and 1970s has gained a lot of attention internationally, and Three Blind Mice is placed at the center of "Wa Jazz".
TBM also showed its commitment to sound quality. Blue Note as the role model, works by TBM were recorded in the best possible sound quality. Listening to the works of the label, you can get a clear picture of the Japanese jazz scene at that time. Fujii's policy was to record the sound just the way musicians played, and not to get poised by commercialism. That is why TBM works created with the TBM spirit can withstand the hard times.
● Exceptional compilation about legendary Japanese jazz label Three Blind Mice!
● Gatefold 2xLP with obi strip and liner notes in Japanese and English.
● Compiled & supervised by DJ, producer and recording artist Tatsuo Sunaga (Sunaga T Experience).
● Liner Notes by Japanese jazz producer and writer Takao Ogawa.
● Mastering Engineer: Isao Kikuchi (Warner Music Mastering).
● Cutting Engineer: Katsutoshi Kitamura (Warner Music Mastering).