"Merzbow's unpublished/excavated archive series by Slowdown Records began to be released in 2018, and so far 15 chapters have been published. This "35 CD Box" contains chapters 11-15 of this archival series, with the addition of "2017-2020" (5CD), a collection of five original Merzbow albums released on Slowdown Records from 2017 to 2020. These chapters are presented in chronological order of when the recordings were made, and each chapter was compiled with some concept or musical feature in mind from the vast amount of unreleased material and other sources from the corresponding time period. Chapters 11-15 of "35 CD Box" trace Merzbow's experimentation since 2006 (chapters 1-10 are included in "60 CD Box").
An overview of each chapter follows:
- Chapter 11, "Arrangement," which contains material from 2006-2007, when Merzbow stopped performing exclusively on laptop computer and began using analog equipment again.
- Chapter 12, "Drum & Noise," which contains sound recordings from 2008~2009, when Merzbow developed a style that incorporates drum performances.
- Chapter 13, "Horizon," which contains sounds from 2011~2012, when Merzbow's creative response to the Great East Japan Earthquake, the beginning of a transition to themes that are not directly animal rights, and the introduction of new equipment (small oscillator synths, drone machines, mini-koto, etc.).
- Chapter 14, "Double Beat Sequencer," a collection of previously unreleased recordings from 2014 that were performed with a sequencer in the background.
- "2017-2020," a compilation of five original Merzbow albums that had been released by Slowdown Records.
- Chapter 15, "After Hours," a collection of mainly non-sequenced performances from 2014~2015 sound materials." - Yorosz