Dominik Blum (Hammond C3 organ); Marino Pliakas (E-bass); Lucas Niggli (drums). The Swiss trio Steamboat Switzerland tackle the energetic and innovative border-crossings between hardcore and avant-garde and play compositions by Michael Wertmüller (drummer of Peter Brötzmann's Full Blast outfit) -- breath-taking, radical, exact. "The Hammond avant-core trio Steamboat Switzerland is a damn wild and absolutely virtuoso project. They have played many different festivals -- from Donaueschinger Musiktage and Moers to London's Meltdown Festival. The group combines elements from rock, metal and contemporary scores. The sounds exchange between dark power ambient and 'Boulez on the Rock.'" --Eckhart Liess; Mixed by Gareth Jones in January 2013.
- Trost presents an album by Swiss avant-garde hardcore trio Steamboat Switzerland.
- Compositions by Michael Wertmüller (drummer of Peter Brötzmann's Full Blast outfit).
- Recorded live at Powerplay Studios (Mauer/CH) by Andy Neresheimer in September 2012.
- Mixed by Gareth Jones (London) in January 2013.
- Mastered by Martin Siewert (Wien) in February 2013.
- Produced by Peter Bürli.
- Artwork by Lutz & Guggisberg.
- "Too in awe of the transcendent properties of amplification for the jazz and improvisational circuits, too wired and volatile for the alternative rock communities, annexed by the classical academy from the parallel soundworlds dreamed by Iannis Xenakis and Edgard Varèse, it exists in a vibrant but diminishing place, sealed off from all inquiry, ripe for discovery." --The Wire