**300 copies** Avant-garde and experimental musics are intrinsically connected to community, collectivism, support, and collaboration. Audiences and artists, stretching to every corner of the globe, continuously rely on each other to push into ever more ambitious realms. This spirit of discourse has always been central to the multigenerational contexts of avant-garde and experimental music from Italy. For decades, neglected and over looked by their international peers, the country’s musicians and fans spoke heavily amongst themselves, creating an entirely singular territory of sound, almost entirely unheard by the outside world. Fortunately, over the last decade or so, a slow trickle of reissues have begun to change all that, bringing the emerging recordings and their creators wide acclaim, but there’s still a long way to go. Much of the attention has drifted toward the output of artists and scenes from the north of the country, leaving a great deal of important work lingering in obscurity.
Following the release of the L'Incantesimo della Soglia, Avanguardie musicali a Napoli box-set - which collected works by four composers, all belonging to an interconnected group of artists, from Naples - Luciano Cilio, Girolamo De Simone, Eugenio Fels, and Gabriele Montagano - Konsequenz has released a new anthology that offers another incredible window into the city’s remarkable experimental endeavours, another essential artifact for any fan of Italian border and avant-garde musics.
01. Luciano Cilio - Suiff*
Ermina Kacani (violoncello) - Andrea Riccio (pianoforte)
02. Girolamo De Simone - Il soffio sofferto (2013 remastering 2020)
03. Lorenzo Pone - Duduk, da “Trois Nocturnes Op. 3” per Clarinetto [Paris, 2008]
Lorenzo Dainelli (clarinetto)
04. Enrico Renna - E sovrumani silenzi, Notturno elettronico n. 3.
Questo vagar mio breve, Notturno elettronico n. 4
05. Gabriele Montagano - Trieb
Angelo Greco (clarinetto)
06. Luigi Esposito - In atto di Grazia
Monica Benvenuti (voce)
07. Vincenzo Gualtieri - Agorà
08. Alessandro Laraspata - Approdi, per computer in tempo differito (2020)
09. Maria Porta - La notte
Maria Porta (pianoforte)
10. Tiziano Citro - Reminiscenze Medievali per quartetto d’archi e pianoforte
Quartetto della Filarmonica di Bacau (Romania)
11. Claudio Panariello - Piccolo inventario degli insetti
Ensemble Suono Giallo: Andrea Biagini (bass flute); Michele Bianchini (sax);
Laura Mancini (percussioni); Simone Nocchi (pianoforte);
Claudio Panariello (electronics)
12. Bernardo Maria Sannino - 2017, Diario al pianoforte: Amuleto, Settembre,
Andrea Riccio (pianoforte)
13. Francesco De Simone - Dark Hound (2020)
Where not expressly indicated Author and Interpreter coincide.
* trascription by G. De Simone
photos by Fabio Donato
graphics by Gennaro Giamundo
with a lyric poem by Luca Buonaguidi